If you can’t pay your rent, mortgage or utility bill, we can help. If you have experienced a loss of income or have unexpected expenses and are in need of assistance, the City of Chandler has funds that can help. If you’ve previously received rent/utility assistance, you are welcome to reapply for additional funding.
Please apply for assistance through AZCEND’s Community Action Program or through the Chandler Salvation Army.
If you are in need of assistance but don't live in Chandler, you can find help at:
Interested applicants will need to complete a pre-screening application available through AZCEND’s Community Action Program. You will find details of the application process.
- Complete a pre-screen application available through AZCEND’s Community Action Program.
- Once your application is submitted, contact the City of Chandler Utility Services at 480-782-2280 to let them know an application has been submitted with AZCEND.
Landlords with tenants who are behind on rental payments can apply for assistance on behalf of their tenants.
- Landlords must submit the pre-screening application available through AZCEND’s Community Action Program.
- The landlord must submit all required documents needed to determine the tenant's eligibility for the program.
The landlord must provide the Landlord Application on Tenant Behalf Form, which has to be signed by both the landlord and the tenant.
The CDC Eviction Moratorium is in place until March 31, 2021.
Below is some information on the federal eviction moratorium that you may find helpful; however, this is not legal advice. You may wish to consult an attorney for information on your specific situation.
If you are currently scheduled for an eviction hearing due to nonpayment, you may be able to receive assistance by following these steps:
- Complete a pre-screen application for rental assistance
- Call the Chandler CARES team at 480-782-4302 to confirm priority status
- Fill out the CDC Eviction Moratorium Declaration Form
- Send the completed CDC Eviction Moratorium Declaration Form to landlord using one of the listed methods of delivery provided on the form
- At your court appearance, provide the completed CDC Eviction Moratorium Declaration Form
- Finish applying for rental assistance through the Community Action Program office and wait to receive your notice of approval for rental assistance
- Please note that the transfer of funds may take a few weeks
View more information about the eviction process and your rights as a tenant.