Be green, think blue. Use your blue recycling container ONLY for items listed on the City's Recycling List.
Place clean and dry recyclables loose in the blue container with the recycling container lid closed. If you're uncertain about an item being acceptable in the curbside recycling program, call Solid Waste Services at 480-782-3510.
Leave Recyclables Loose in the Blue Container;
Do NOT Bag.
The items listed below are the most common recyclable items used in households.
- Do not bag recyclables - place them loosely in the blue container
- Do not recycle any items smaller than 2" in length or diameter
- Newspapers and inserts
- Magazines, catalogs, phone books
- White or colored paper
- Paper sacks, magazines
- Junk mail and envelopes
- No bagged or loose shredded paper
- No gift wrap, gift bags, or tissue paper
- No padded or shipping envelopes
- No paper plates, napkins, paper towels, or facial tissue
- No pet food bags
Cardboard boxes must be empty and flat
- Cartons (Examples - milk, juice, broth)
- Prepared food boxes (Examples - cereal, pasta, crackers)
- Shoe boxes
- Moving/shipping boxes
- Paper towel/toilet paper cardboard tubes
- Pizza boxes (if not soiled w/grease or food)
- Cardboard egg cartons
- No dirty or greasy cardboard
- No paper cups
- Food containers (Examples - plastic dairy, berry, to go boxes)
- Bottles (Examples - water, soda, sauces, shampoo, soap, lotion)
- Jugs (Examples - laundry detergent, milk, juice)
- Lids are accepted, but lids must be attached to the original container.
- No plastic bags, plastic packing pillows or plastic wrap, even if marked as recyclable (recycle at local grocery stores)
- No foam cups, to-go containers, or packing material, even if marked as recyclable (Contact mailing stores to check if they accept foam packing material)
- Aluminum cans, clean foil and pie pans
- Steel/tin cans (Vegetable, fruit and soup cans)
- Empty aerosol cans (Shaving cream, deodorant, cooking spray)
- No cans with paint, pesticides or other hazardous materials
- No hangers or other metal items
- Beverage bottles (all colors)
- Food jars (labels are ok)
- No mirrors, windows, drinking glasses, plates or any other type of glass