Saturday, July 16, 2022
Chandler High School (Southwest parking lot behind Chandler Center for the Arts)
Backpacks will be distributed via a drive-thru style format.
Backpack and school supply collection runs June 1 - 23
- Drop-off supply locations:
- Contact CC Cantabrana at ext. 2218 to schedule a drop-off time from 11:30 a.m. to 3 p.m., on June 22 or 23 at the City Hall Parking Garage
- Monetary Donations:
- Organize Supplies: Volunteers are needed to help organize and count supply donations at Salvation Army Chandler (85 E. Saragosa St., Chandler, AZ 85225).
- Backpack Stuffing: Groups of approximately 15 volunteers will pack the backpacks with donated supplies according to grade level and organize the donations. We will also be moving heavy boxes full of stuffed backpacks.
- Delivery Day: July 15, 2022, Help us take the backpacks from Salvation Army to Chandler High School. We will start by loading up the backpacks at Salvation Army and then unload at the distribution site. If you have a pick up truck that you are willing to use, please let us know!
- Backpack Distribution: Saturday, July 16, 2022 8-10 a.m. We are only accepting volunteers 18 and older the day of the event. Because this event serves school children (K-12), in the interest of protecting students attending the event, we do not want potential classmates serving each other.