Chandler City Hall is in Downtown Chandler on the east side of Arizona Avenue and approximately 1/2-mile south of Chandler Boulevard. The municipal complex offers convenient access to the most used City services and plentiful free parking. The complex consists of a six-story City Hall office tower and several adjacent buildings, including the City Council Chambers, Vision Gallery, Neighborhood Resources offices and a public parking garage. The complex includes facilities on the north and south sides of Chicago Street.
City Hall Complex Departments & Services
175 S. Arizona Ave.
- 1st Floor
- 2nd Floor
- 3rd Floor
- 4th Floor
- 5th Floor
Additional Departments and Services in the Municipal Complex:
- Vision Gallery, 10 E. Chicago St.
- City Council Chambers, 88 E. Chicago St.
- Video Production/Chandler Channel, 170 S. Washington St.
- Neighborhood Resources, 235 S. Arizona Ave.
- Housing & Redevelopment, 235 S. Arizona Ave.
- Print, Mail & Graphic Services, 210 S. Washington St.
- Public Parking Garage Entrance, 240 S. Washington St.
Nearby Municipal Facilities:
- Chandler Center for the Arts
- Community Center
- Courts (City of Chandler)
- Courts - Justice (Maricopa County)
- Fire Department
- Police Department
- Senior Center
- Development Services
City Hall Complex Public Art
One of the public art pieces in the new City Hall complex also serves an important function, acting as a natural light filter for the office windows. The artwork "Turbulent Shade" created by artist Ned Kahn incorporates approximately 1,000 perforated stainless steel panels (6-by-21-inch) that are suspended on rods across the entire western facade of the building. The artwork reflects light, moves with natural wind currents and is lit from above and below with low energy use LED lighting that adds a warm glow to the artwork, while providing colorful illumination to the building. The eastern façade also includes the same art over a smaller area. The artwork was purchased through the City's one percent for art ordinance, which allocates 1% of project construction dollars of new buildings and parks to the Municipal Arts Fund.
Key Project Dates:
- Chandler City Hall Site Selection Study Approved: May 2006
- Design Contract Approved: Dec. 13, 2007
- Construction Contract Approved: April 6, 2009
- Groundbreaking Ceremony: May 8, 2009
- Public Opening: Oct. 25, 2010
- Dedication Ceremony: Nov. 15, 2010
- Upon completion of the project, Chandler City Hall receive GOLD Certification within the Leadership in Energy and Environmental Design (LEED) Green Building Rating System.
Key Budget Figures:
- Original Project Budget: $80 million (see below)
- Original Construction Estimate: $51 million
- Guaranteed Maximum Price Construction Bid: $47 million (Sundt Const.)
- Additional Savings Realized During the Project: $6 million
- Final Project Cost Estimate: $70 million
Project budget included: land acquisition, demolition, remediation, and business relocations; plan review, permit and inspection fees; professional service fees (architect fees, construction management fees); furniture, furnishings and equipment (FFE); Information Technology services (broadband, phone and video equipment); and some contingency fund.