Learn more about the Chandler Heights Road Improvement Project, Gilbert Road to Val Vista Drive.
(Project Nos. ST1614.401 / CHN0240D / T009901C)
The City of Chandler has contracted with Granite Construction and Ardurra Group for construction which began in August to widen Chandler Heights Road to a minimum of four lanes (two lanes in each direction), from McQueen to Gilbert Road. Improvements include construction of raised medians, bike lanes, center turn lanes, sidewalks, curb/gutter, landscaping, and utility relocations.
The project also includes drainage improvements such as retention basins and concrete scuppers to accommodate future drainage needs in the project area. In addition, there will be improvements to traffic signals and the traffic signal interconnect, as well as new LED street lighting and conversion of overhead electric to underground.
Construction began in fall 2022 and is expected to take approximately 18 months to complete.
Construction Information (Dec. 7, 2023):
- Landscape crews continue work installing irrigation pipeline on the north side of Chandler Heights from Cooper Rd to 130th St.
- Scheduled to begin Dec. 11, crews will plant trees and shrubs throughout the project area.
- Electric crews are currently working on the northwest corner of Adams Ave and Chandler Heights to install electric conduit for the traffic signal at this location. A temporary traffic signal is in place in the interim and Adams Ave traffic is shifted away from the work activity.
- Scheduled for the week of Dec. 18, paving crews will pave the base course (bottom layer) of asphalt on the south side of Chandler Heights, from Cooper Rd to Adams Ave, and from 124th to 122nd St. Crews will also work to prepare and pave the connection to 132nd St during this pave date as well.
- Scheduled for late December or early January, Adams Ave will be closed on the north side of Chandler Heights for crews to reconstruct the concrete valley gutter at that location.
- Chandler Heights Road remains open for travel during this work with traffic shifted away from the work activity permitting at least one lane of travel in each direction.
- Access to residences and businesses is being maintained.
If you'd like to receive updates during construction or have questions regarding the project, please contact us.
Project Hotline: 480-898-4060
Design Phase Information:
City of Chandler Title VI Notice to the Public
The City of Chandler hereby gives public notice that it is the City’s policy to assure full compliance with Title VI of the Civil Rights Act of 1964, the Civil Rights Restoration Act of 1987, and related statutes and regulations in all programs and activities. Title VI requires that no person shall, on the grounds of race, color, sex, national origin, age or disability be excluded from the participation in, be denied the benefits of, or be otherwise subjected to discrimination under any Federal Aid Highway program or other activity for which the City receives Federal financial assistance.
Any person, who believes his/her Title VI protection has been violated, may file a complaint. Any such complaint must be in writing and filed with the City’s Title VI Program Manager within one hundred eighty (180) days following the date of the alleged discriminatory occurrence. Title VI Discrimination complaint forms may be obtained from the City by contacting: Dan Haskins, Title VI Program Manager, Mail Stop 407, PO Box 4008, Chandler, AZ 85244-4008/ 480-782-3335 (or 711 via AZ Relay Service).