The city’s western border (built alongside Interest 10 and the Loop202), provides businesses located within this general area, visibility from 145,000 vehicles per day. Large manufacturing facilities are complemented by smaller mixed-use parks and nearby amenities. Aerospace, customer care operations, distribution, electronics and nutraceuticals make up a large portion of the employment mix in the area, further demonstrating Chandler's ability to attract diverse industries.
Here are a few fast facts about our growing West Chandler employment corridor:
- Home to 27,810 total jobs and more manufacturing jobs than any other Chandler employment corridor with 9,880 per MAG's Employer Database.
- Three company locations with 1,000+ employees: Intel, Verizon and Avnet.
- Freeway access and visibility is provided by more than 3.5 miles of frontage on Loop 202 and 2 miles of frontage on Interstate 10.
- Opening of the Loop 202 South Mountain Freeway in late 2019 will enhance the area labor pool by shortening commute times for West Valley residents.
- Contains Stellar Airpark, a privately-owned, public-use airport supported by members that include homeowners, businesses and fixed-base operators.
- Recent development includes phase one of The Lotus Project. Completed earlier this year, the project consists of four industrial buildings totaling 470,000 square feet near Loop 202 and Kyrene Road. Isola has selected one of the buildings for its headquarters, R&D and manufacturing operations.
- Following the leasing up of the first phase of One Chandler Corporate Center, a second building is now underway. The 117,000-square-foot, Class "A" office building will be located just west of McClintock Drive on Chandler Boulevard.