Tax Licenses

Businesses operating within the City limits may be required to be licensed with the State of Arizona Department of Revenue to report and pay Transaction Privilege Tax. It is the business owner's responsibility to complete an application and obtain a license with the State of Arizona Department of Revenue.


Nonprofit/Nonprofit Solicitor

A license is required for any organization, society, association or corporation desiring to solicit, or have solicited in its name, money, property, or financial assistance of any kind. The Nonprofit Solicitor Application is to be completed and remitted for approval.

Also required is a copy of the current (dated 1994 or later) letter from the IRS confirming the organization's non-profit status under Section 501 of the Internal Revenue Service Code.

A renewal notice will be sent to you approximately three weeks prior to the expiration date. There is no renewal fee; however it is important to return the renewal notice to renew your license, update the information, or to cancel the license.


Timeline for Internal Processing:
For more information on the time frames of an application submitted to the City for obtaining a license (permit), click here.