Each year, the public can submit nominations for inductees from February 1 through April 30. There is no fee to submit a nomination.
Celebration Plaza Nomincation Criteria
Celebration Plaza displays plaques recognizing a select group of Chandler residents, living or deceased, who have displayed outstanding civic commitment, leadership, public outreach and service to the City. These outstanding individuals are honored for their sound character and efforts to make Chandler a better community through contributions of their time, expertise and financial resources. Individuals, groups or organizations must be nominated by the public and must meet one or more of the criteria below.
Celebration Plaza nominees can be:
- Community leaders whose outstanding personal service has resulted in significant and enduring contributions to the community (support for this recognition should include endorsements from other groups, neighborhoods, or organizations).
- An individual or individuals who has made exceptional contributions to the City of Chandler.
- An individual or individuals who has added to the quality of life for Chandler residents through their involvement or financial contribution to short or long-term city projects or activities.
- An individual who has demonstrated leadership, innovation and creativity, which have made Chandler a better place to live and work.
- City of Chandler employees killed in the line of duty.
- Nominees cannot be individuals holding an elected City of Chandler office or serving on the Museum Advisory Board or the Parks and Recreation Board at the time they are either nominated or approved for inclusion in Celebration Plaza.