There are dozens of fields and courts available for rent throughout the city. Fields vary in size and sporting specialty from tennis to cricket to soccer to basketball and everything in between.
Application, Policy, and Procedures
Rainouts - To help reduce unnecessary repairs and maintenance to city-owned fields, fields will be considered unplayable if the following conditions exist:
- Water standing on the infields of ball fields or goal mouths/midfield of multipurpose fields
- Where the grass is sparse or the field is worn badly and the ground is saturated
- Turf can be displaced or dislodged from the ground
- Mud cakes or clings to shoes
- Steady rain is falling
- Dirt (infield) areas are muddy
- The turf area is spongy or soft
If any of these conditions exist, then the practice will be canceled, or the game rescheduled. Poor weather conditions leading to cancellations will result in a credit on the Permit holder's account or refund. It is the responsibility of the permit holder to contact the city and cancel any field lighting immediately after canceling games or practices so that utility costs are not incurred and lighting fees can be refunded. Failure to do so will result in the forfeiture of light charges by the permit holder.
Monday - Friday
8 a.m. - 6 p.m.
Weekends and after 6 p.m.
If a group ignores the "unplayable" conditions, the following consequences may occur:
- The permit holder will be required to pay for all damages to the field/diamond arising from abuse to the facility where the permitted group is proven responsible.
- The permit holder will be held liable and responsible for accidents or injuries incurred because of unsafe conditions.
- The permit holder will have their permit suspended or revoked for any future use of a field/diamond controlled by the City of Chandler.
More information regarding tournament and game field rentals is below. For additional assistance, please contact 480-782-2651.