We have dozens of fields and courts available for rent throughout the City. Fields vary in size and sporting specialty from tennis to cricket to soccer to basketball and everything in between.
The City of Chandler Community Services Department will not accept reservations for park pavilions, sports fields and other amenities for the month of April and all existing reservations for the month are canceled and refunds will be given. The fields and amenities are not closed for public use at this time and they are available on a first come, first served basis. However, in keeping with guidance from Governor Doug Ducey, everyone is encouraged to practice appropriate physical distancing, even when engaging in outdoor exercise activities, such as walking, hiking, running, biking or golfing.
Reservations are being accepted for May and beyond, however, the availability of park amenities will be evaluated based on the ongoing COVID-19 public health emergency. If additional cancelations are warranted, Chandler staff will contact those who made the reservations and provide refunds or opportunities to reschedule at a later date, depending on availability.
For questions about park amenities and rentals, call 480-782-2640.
Application, Policy and Procedures
Rainouts - In an effort to help reduce unnecessary repairs and maintenance to City owned fields, fields will be considered unplayable if the following conditions exist:
- Water standing on the infields of ball fields or goal mouths/midfield of multipurpose fields
- Where grass is sparse or field is worn badly and ground is saturated
- Turf can be displaced or dislodged from the ground
- Mud cakes or clings to shoes
- Steady rain is falling
- Dirt (infield) areas are muddy
- Turf area is spongy or soft
If any of these conditions exist, then the practice will be cancelled, or game rescheduled. Poor weather conditions leading to cancellations will result in a credit on the Permit holder's account or refund. It is the responsibility of the permit holder to contact the City and cancel any field lighting immediately after cancelling games or practices so that utility costs are not incurred and lighting fees can be refunded. Failure to do so will result in the forfeiture of light charges by the permit holder.
City contact: Monday - Thursday 8 a.m. - 9 p.m. 480-782-2640
City contact: Weekends and after 9 p.m. 480-782-2900
If a group ignores the "unplayable" conditions, the following consequences may occur:
- The permit holder will be required to pay for all damages to the field/diamond arising from abuse to the facility where the permitted group is proven responsible.
- The permit holder will be held liable and responsible for accidents or injuries incurred because of unsafe conditions.
- The permit holder will have their permit suspended or revoked for any future use of a field/diamond controlled by the City of Chandler.
For questions regarding tournament and game field rentals please click on one of the links below or call 480-782-2646.