The 11-member Commission serves as an advisory commission to the Chandler Mayor and Council:
- Advises the Mayor and Council concerning community domestic violence issues including the quality and effectiveness of domestic violence services in Chandler;
- Promotes a clear understanding of domestic violence, current laws, and resources available in the community.
- Facilitates an effective community-wide system of prevention and intervention that is responsive to the needs of domestic violence victims;
- Identifies and promote the coordination of the roles and services of local agencies or offices that provide services to domestic violence victims;
- Acts as a forum for communication, education, and dialogue with Chandler residents on domestic violence issues
2020 Domestic Violence Commission Minutes
These minutes are fully searchable within each year by using the “Find” feature. For prior years meetings not listed, please contact the Clerk’s Office at 480-782-2181.
The members include six qualified electors that reside in the City and five representatives of domestic violence service providers or other agencies that work with the public. Each domestic violence service provider or other agency having a representative serving as a member of the Commission may submit the names of up to two additional persons for appointment and approval as a primary and secondary alternative representative to represent the provider or agency in the absence of the provider's or agency's original representative. The Commission meet monthly, every second Wednesday morning at 9 a.m.
The term of each member shall be for three years, and each member shall serve until his/her successor is appointed and qualified. Any vacancy in office during the term shall be filled by the Mayor with the approval of the Council for the unexpired term.
|Members (11)||Term Expires|
|Gretchen Long, Boys and Girls Clubs of the Valley, Chandler Compadre Branch||05-01-2022|
|Samantha Hinchey, Arizona Coalition to End Sexual and Domestic Violence||05-01-2023|
|Sarah Youngblood, Community Legal Services||05-01-2022|
|Dr. Ruth Tan Lim||05-01-2023|
|Nicole Bruno||05-01- 2023|
|Dawn Curtis, Commissioner, Catholic Charities||05-01-2022|
Katie Cain, Victim Services Coordinator
Established 08-11-2005; Ordinance No. 3708
If you have any questions, call the City Clerk's Office at 480-782-2181.
Community Resources Information: