State Statute requires any city with System Development Fees to follow three distinct processes. As Chandler does charge system development fees, we comply with all statutorily required processes as outlined below.
Process 1: The city must create an annual report, which is filed with the City Clerk no later than 90 days following the end of the fiscal year, that documents the annual System Development Fee collections and expenditures.
Process 2: The city must have a certified audit conducted of land use assumptions, the infrastructure improvements plan and system development fees every two years.
Process 3: The city must have a professional analysis and review of the 10-year Land Use Assumptions (LUA) and Infrastructure Improvements Plan (IIP), and update those documents every five years. The most recent LUA and IIP were adopted on January 24, 2019, and covered the period 2018-2028.
Recent Updates: The city is currently in the final stages of the five-year update to the LUA and IIP.
Draft report of the LUA and IIP for the periods of 2022 – 2032:
Other important dates to note as we finalize this statutorily required review include:
- 12/07/2023 – Public Hearing on updated LUA and IIP @ City Council Meeting 6 p.m.
- 1/11/2024 – Proposed adoption of updated LUA and IIP @ City Council Meeting 6 p.m. and Notice of Intent to Modify System Development Fees.
- 2/22/2024 – Public Hearing on updated SDF Fees @ Council Meeting 6 p.m. and first read of the Ordinance modifying the fees.
- 4/4/2024 – Final adoption of updated SDF Fees @ City Council Meeting 6 p.m.
- 7/1/2024 – Effective date should updated fees be approved.