It is the policy of the Development Services Department to comply with all City, State of Arizona and Federal laws and regulations regarding the release of public records. Public records in the custody of the Development Services Department are open to inspection by any person at all times during regular office hours (8 a.m. to 5 p.m. Monday-Friday).
However, please be aware that the City may deny inspection of certain records if they are made confidential by State or Federal law, or involve the privacy, interests of persons or if disclosure would be detrimental to the best interests of the City.
Requests for Public Records for a Non-Commercial Purpose
Please submit requests for inspection or copies of public records in writing, with adequate and detailed information. The City is not responsible for creating new documents or generating reports in response to non-specific requests.
Requests for copies of public records for a non-commercial purpose will be processed within 10 working days, unless the request is for an unusually large number of records. The City will charge a reasonable fee to cover reproduction expenses. Checks should be made payable to the City of Chandler.
Requests for Public Records for a Commercial Purpose
Requests will be sent to the appropriate Division for verification and authorization; please allow extra time for processing. The Arizona Revised Statues §39-121.03(D) defines a commercial purpose as:
Sale or resale.
- Producing a document containing all or part of the copy, printout or photograph for sale.
- Obtaining names and addresses from public records for the purpose of solicitation or the sale of names and addresses to another for the purpose of solicitation.
- Any purpose in which the purchaser can reasonably anticipate the receipt of monetary gain from the direct or indirect use of the public record.
It is a violation of the public record law to:
- Obtain a public record for a non-commercial purpose and use it for a commercial purpose.
- Obtain a public record for a commercial purpose and use it for a different commercial purpose.
Submit a Public Records Request
Requests for copies of public records will be processed within 10 business days. There will be a fee of .15 cents per copy to cover reproduction expenses.