Economic vitality includes the use of creative policies and marketing efforts that ensure Chandler remains a world-class community for residents, visitors and businesses. Our approach preserves the viability of employment corridors and positions properties for adaptive reuse, infill and redevelopment.
Chandler offers a business-focused environment for global industry leaders, exciting startups and entrepreneurs through every stage of development. Our business climate, talented workforce and lifestyle make Chandler a destination of choice for key industries.
Strategic economic development with:
- Preservation of employment corridors for planned uses to serve as economic engines and create high-quality jobs.
- A modern airport that supports business aviation and airpark area development.
- Targeted use of adaptive reuse, infill, mixed-use and redevelopment tools and plans supporting the vitality of commercial centers and neighborhoods.
- High development standards incorporating innovative aesthetics and amenities in our built environment.
- A predictable development process based on exceptional customer service and finding creative ways to get to “yes.”
- Marketing and illustrating Chandler’s brand as a regional, national and global destination for innovative people and technologies.
- Partnerships with higher education and workforce development programs that create a talent pipeline for key industries.
- Leadership in and partnerships with regional organizations that support entrepreneurship, dynamic startups and a thriving business climate.
Rogers Corporation became Chandler’s first high-tech company in 1967 and relocated its corporate headquarters here in 2017. Intel’s first semiconductor manufacturing plant opened in 1980 and has become the city’s largest employer amid a collection of companies in the high-tech manufacturing industry.