Strategic inﬁll and redevelopment includes the use of creative regulatory tools and marketing eﬀorts to ensure Chandler remains a world-class community for residents, visitors and businesses. These approaches will maintain the viability of existing developments and plan for the use of remaining unbuilt properties.
Strategic economic development with:
- Destination mixed-use projects that support the continued vitality of surrounding neighborhoods
- Targeted eﬀorts to repurpose vacant retail spaces
- Unique amenities, events and experiences that attract people to Chandler
- A deliberate, calculated approach to inﬁll projects and annexation
- An emphasis on workforce development and high-quality education
Historic Square Breezeway Mural
by Vice Mayor Terry Roe
Our focus on mobility ensures that we are creating engaging spaces that connect us.
For this reason, I brought forth a budget amendment for the creation of a mural in the Historic Square Breezeway making the paths that connect Downtown Chandler and Downtown South more of a destination. Read more.
Support for Small Businesses
by Councilmember Mark Stewart
Mentorship and training are essential to being successful when starting a business, which is why I supported a budget amendment to enhance the Chandler Innovations Startup Connection event and provide support for small businesses.