The City of Chandler’s Economic Development Division was recognized as the Large Organization of the Year during the Arizona Association for Economic Development’s (AAED) annual Economic Development Distinguished by Excellence (EDDE) awards dinner last week in Tucson, Ariz.
The prestigious EDDE Awards honor individuals and organizations that have made significant contributions to the advancement of AAED and to economic growth within their communities as well as on a regional and state level. Honorees were selected from nominations submitted by AAED members.
“I congratulate Micah Miranda and our Economic Development team for their significant contributions to the advancement of economic growth within Chandler and the Greater Phoenix region,” said Chandler Mayor Kevin Hartke. “It’s impressive to have our contributions recognized by our peers and those in private industry.”
Micah Miranda, economic development director, has led his team to several major economic development successes in 2018-19, including:
- Assisted with projects that have the potential to create up to 5,700 net new jobs within the next three years, which include: Allstate (2,500 jobs), Voya Financial (1,000 jobs), Zovio (800 jobs) and Z Modular (150 jobs);
- Supported the following expansion projects: Wells Fargo (1,200 jobs), Northrop Grumman (500 jobs), Optima Tax Relief (100 jobs), Rogers Corporation (90 jobs) and ARM (60 jobs);
- Supported office/industrial projects that delivered more than 900,000-square-feet;
- Supported office/industrial projects that are under construction and will deliver 1.5 million-square-feet; and
- Conducted more than 45 local business outreach visits
“The City of Chandler understands the power of collaboration,” said Nicole Snyder, AAED president. "While Chandler’s Economic Development accomplishments are remarkable on their own, AAED is proud to recognize the City of Chandler’s dedication to continually improve their community and the entire region as whole. “
For more information about Chandler’s Economic Development Division and its services, visit their website.
Public Information Officer