The Arizona Judiciary is committed to the safety of the public, court personnel and judges. Supreme Court Administrative Order No. 2020-79, in part, requires the Administrative Office of the Courts (AOC) to provide courts with health screening protocols. Chandler Municipal Court Administrative Order 2020-06 implements the required health screening protocols and measures effective June 1, 2020.
Courthouse visitors who have any of the below symptoms or conditions should call the Chandler Municipal Court 480-782-4700 to reschedule their court appearance or request an extension, continuance or payment plan. Someone will reach out to you in 1-2 working days to reschedule your appearance.
- Shortness of breath or difficulty breathing
- Muscle pain
- Body temperature over 100.4 degrees Fahrenheit
- Sore throat
- Recent loss of taste or smell
- Have had contact with someone who has tested positive for COVID-19 or has symptoms consistent with the COVID-19 virus during the last 14 days
- Have had a recent COVID-19 diagnosis or a positive test result
Additional screening will be conducted by asking courthouse visitors the following three questions:
- Have you had or have you been exposed to someone who has tested positive for the COVID-19 virus?
- Do you have a cough?
- Are you experiencing shortness of breath or difficulty breathing?
If a courthouse visitor answers yes to any of these three questions, the visitor shall be excluded from entering the courthouse until cessation of symptoms, a diagnosis other than COVID-19 explains a symptom, or negative COVID-19 test results no longer indicate COVID-19 infection under CDC guidelines.
It is further ordered that all persons entering a courthouse are required to wear a mask or face covering at all times that they are inside the facility. Any person who refuses to wear a mask or face covering as directed by court personnel will be denied access to the facility.
If a participant is denied physical access to the courthouse for any reason, including refusing to wear a face covering, the participant must contact the Chandler Municipal Court 480-782-4700 to determine whether the person can participate in the proceeding using an audio or video connection.