The Chandler Fire Department's Observer Program was created to provide Chandler residents with a better understanding of our job. An effective ride-along program can serve to community relations, as well as encourage individuals pursuing a fire career or interest in what we do.
You must be 18 years of age or older to participate in our Observer Program. Once you are granted permission for a ride-along, you must fill out, sign and return a Waiver of Liability (FD Form 84) which is available at all stations.
You can request to ride along with a particular station; however, the Company Officer on duty at that station on the day of your ride will make the final determination. The Company Officer will be overseeing you during your ride-along.
Observers are to be dressed in a manner that will not be detrimental to the image of the Chandler Fire Department. Safety also must be considered. Shorts, opened toed shoes, or other apparel considered to constitute a safety hazard will not be permitted.
Among the points to remember during your ride-along:
- A company officer may refuse to authorize an observer on his or her duty day.
- Observers will not be allowed to ride past midnight.
- Observers are not allowed to be involved in operations.
- The number of times an observer is allowed to ride along is limited to once every three months.
- No still or video cameras will be allowed.
To arrange a ride-along, call the CFD at 480-782-2120.