Each year, the City of Chandler receives Federal Community Development Block Grant (CDBG) funding, administered by the U.S. Department of Housing and Urban Development (HUD), to develop viable urban communities by providing decent housing and a suitable living environment, and by expanding economic opportunities, principally for persons with low- and moderate-income. Funds support a wide range of community development activities directed toward revitalizing neighborhoods, economic development, and providing improved community facilities and services.
To be considered for funding, organizations must meet the following qualifications (including but not limited to):
The City of Chandler will begin accepting applications for the FY 2020-2021 starting October 24, through November 26, 2019. An application orientation is scheduled for Thursday, October 24, from 2-4 p.m. at the City Council Chambers, 88 E. Chicago St. Check-in will begin at 1:30 p.m. Organizations interested in applying for funds should attend the required orientation. If you have a scheduling conflict, please contact us.
The following resource links may be helpful to review in advance of the application orientation and prior to application submission.
- FY 2020-2021 Application (For Review Only)
- Scoring Criteria: How Applications Will Be Evaluated
- DRAFT Allocations Timeline
- City of Chandler Funding Priorities
- Certification Checklist
- CDBG HUD Regulations 24 CFR Part 570
- 2 CFR Part 200: Uniform Administrative Requirements, Cost Principles, and Audit Requirements for Federal Awards
- Application Orientation Slides