Family Self-Sufficiency is a voluntary program designed to assist current Public Housing and Section 8 participants in achieving economic independence and self-sufficiency through education and job training.
This program motivates and helps participants:
- Identify their career goals
- Identify the barriers that could prevent the achievement of their goals
- Identify resources and services necessary for participants' success
- Develop an Individual Training & Service plan to achieve specific goals and objectives necessary for self-sufficiency and economic independence
- Obtain support services related to their plan
- Receive case management services, encouragement and moral support
Who can participate?
You may participate if you are:
- a current Section 8 participant living in Chandler, or
- a current Public Housing resident living in Chandler;
- 18 years of age or older;
- motivated to change your current life circumstances;
- interested in obtaining more education and job training;
- determined to free yourself from having to depend on public assistance.