Each year, fourth-grade students who are encouraged to participate in the City’s Annual Environmental Art Contest. The contest is designed to illustrate the importance of reducing waste, conserving water, and preventing pollution. Every student sharing their vision is a winner in demonstrating their commitment to environmental stewardship.
Through drawing colorful pictures promoting recycling, water conservation or storm water pollution prevention in Chandler, the contest is an opportunity for students to learn more about environmental stewardship in their community and can become a catalyst for environmental education in the classroom, as the City offers classroom presentations and curriculum about conservation topics.
2020 Environmental Art Contest
Participants should select ONE slogan from the list below, or create your own using one of these topic areas. Only choose from the topics listed, keep their focus local. The audience are those who live, work and play in Chandler.
Nineteen drawings will be selected and will be used in a 12-month calendar, poster, billboards for the City's recycling and trash collection trucks, and other promotions.
Art Contest Deadline: March 6, 2020
|Water Conservation||Recycling||Storm Water||Calendar Cover|
|Every Drop Counts!||Earth Day is Every Day: Recycle!||Only Rain in the Storm Drain||Keep Chandler Beautiful|
|Water Use it Wisely||Reduce, Reuse, Recycle||Keep Clutter Out of the Gutter||Chandler Conserves|
|Be a Water Saver||Chandler Recycles; Do You?||Be the Solution to Storm Water Pollution|
- Student must be in the 4th-grade attending a school in Chandler.
- Drawing must be bright and colorful. It should encourage people to save water, recycle, or reduce pollution in storm drains.
- Keep it simple. Too many pictures or words may distract from the message.
- All words must be spelled correctly.
- Original art only. DO NOT COPY.
- Entries must be postmarked or delivered flat by the deadline.
- Drawings should be landscape (horizontal), NOT vertical. See diagram.