The West Chandler employment corridor runs alongside Interstate 10 and Loop 202, covering a seven-square-mile area. For businesses, a West Chandler location offers several advantages, including freeway access, tremendous visibility, and a strong labor force. This has attracted a diverse employment mix with aerospace, construction, consumer services, distribution, and high-tech manufacturing making up a large portion of the job base. In addition to large industrial facilities and mixed-use parks, West Chandler offers nearby retail amenities and residential neighborhoods.
Below are some of the top things you should know about West Chandler:
- Second largest employment corridor with more than 630 businesses employing a total of more than 29,000 workers.
- Home to more manufacturing jobs than any other Chandler employment corridor with nearly 10,500 per MAG’s Employer Database.
- Three company locations with 1,000+ employees: Intel, Verizon, and Avnet.
- Nearly six miles of freeway frontage along Interstate 10 (2 miles of frontage) and Loop 202 (more than 3.5 miles of frontage).
- More than 155,000 vehicles per day drive along Interstate 10 and more than 80,000 along Loop 202 in West Chandler.
- Primed for redevelopment and reinvestment with the opening of the Loop 202 South Mountain Freeway providing a quick connection to the West Valley.
- Contains Stellar Airpark, a privately-owned, public-use airport supported by members that include homeowners, businesses and fixed-base operators.
- Recent industrial development includes Phase II of The Lotus Project which consists of three additional industrial buildings totaling nearly 300,000 square feet on a 21-acre site. This is adjacent to the fully leased Phase I development which consists of four industrial buildings totaling 470,000 square feet near Loop 202 and Kyrene Road.
- The area also has 1.6 million square feet of office space. Following the leasing up of the first phase of One Chandler Corporate Center, a second building was recently delivered and is available for lease. The 117,000-square-foot, Class "A" office building is located just west of McClintock Drive on Chandler Boulevard.
- Top retailers and restaurants occupy more than 1 million square feet of space at the Chandler Pavilions/Casa Paloma centers.
- The City is currently implementing a branding initiative to promote West Chandler and strengthen its sense of place. The decision to bolster West Chandler’s brand identity came out of City Council’s Strategic Framework, which serves as a guiding document for City investments. The branding initiative ties in with multiple focus areas, including Economic Vitality, Neighborhoods, and Quality of Life. Currently, the City is working with YESCO, a custom sign builder, to design and install West Chandler signage throughout the area.
Learn more about the West Chandler employment corridor.