The City of Chandler's award-winning Leaders In Training (L.I.T.) Program is looking for teens between the ages of 13-17 years old. L.I.T. is a volunteer program that places teens in work environments with the City of Chandler and our partnering organizations. As a member of the program teens will be exposed to a real work environment and can expect to gain professional development skills such as job interviewing, accountability, responsibility and much more.
June 1 - July 15
Mandatory Attendance Days:
Interviews: May 25
Orientation: June 1
Placements at specific sites are not guaranteed but we try our best to put the best candidates at each site based on their qualifications and site availability. Also, during several workshops in the L.I.T. program, you will learn from guest speakers about leadership and various professional development skills to get the job that you've always wanted. The hours can be counted toward scholarships and the program looks great on your first job application.
- Must be 13-17 years old
- Available the entire duration of program dates
- Available Monday for workshops
- Available Tuesdays through Fridays during the hours of 8 a.m.-noon or 1-5 p.m. to work at the job site
- Flexible schedule as the schedule will be determined between mentor and LIT mentee
- Must have a strong work ethic with a good attitude and willingness to learn
- Must have transportation to and from work site and workshops
This is an educational program. Your teen will be placed in a business atmosphere and will need to display maturity and a good attitude. Transportation will not be provided. This means punctuality and attendance will be a shared responsibility between you and your teen. Please do not consider this as an option for free daycare for your teen. Applications will be reviewed and eligible teens will be contacted for an interview. Selected teens will be notified the week of Teen/Parent Orientation. The interview process is highly competitive and not all applicants will be selected.