Block Party Permits

Holding a Block Party on your street is a great way to energize the neighborhood, have fun, and make new friends.

The City of Chandler supports the efforts of residents to organize events like this in their neighborhood. However, since holding a block party requires that the affected street(s) be closed to traffic for the duration of the event, advance notice to the City is required. The event organizers must submit a Block Party Application and obtain the signature of every property owner within the area or block that will be closed, signifying that they consent to the traffic closure on that day. The street closure agreement and property owner signatures must be submitted to the City five (5) working days in advance of the date of closure. For more information, call 480-782-3346 or 480-782-3000.

Block Party Frequently Asked Questions

When and where do I pick up the barricades?
After you receive the call that your application has been approved, Traffic Engineering will be notified. Barricades will be delivered one workday prior to the Block Party date with a copy of the approved application. Traffic Engineering will pick up the barricades the next business day after the event.

How long does it take to get my permit approved?
It takes five working days in advance of the date of closure to process your application. We will call the contact number when your application has been approved or if the application is lacking necessary information.

How long can I keep the street closed?
The Street Closure/Block Party application expires at 11 p.m.

Who can I invite to the Block Party?
Block parties are intended as neighborhood events for residents on your block. Invitations and petition must include those residents fronting or adjacent to the closure area. While some invitations outside the neighborhood may be permitted, the majority of the attendees should be from those within the neighborhood.

What streets can I close?
In general, only local roads are permitted to be closed for a Block Party. Arterial roads, collector roads, and the first block of local roads that intersect with major roads are not permitted.