Chandler works to promote an inclusive community that values its rich diversity, history, and culture through work with the Chandler Human Relations Commission (HRC) developing diversity educational programs and events. The goal is to work towards the elimination of prejudice and discrimination among all citizens regardless of personal identifying markers.
Other Diversity Programs and Initiatives
- Chandler's Sister Cities Program w/Tullamore, Ireland and Tainan City, Taiwan.
- Serve as Mayor’s LGBTQ+ Point of Contact
- Serve as staff liaison to the Human Relations Commission & Participate in Regional HRC Meetings
- Promote Diversity Concepts in Schools
- Evaluate Diversity Issues in the Organization
- Encourage Collaboration among Cultural organizations in Chandler
- Support For Our City-Chandler Activities
Diversity Educational Resources From Chandler Public Library
E-books and e-audiobooks, available from the Chandler Public Library, related to the topics of equity, diversity, inclusion, and social justice. These items were made available through the support of the Arizona State Library, Archives & Public Records, a division of the Secretary of State, with federal funds from the Institute of Museum and Library Services.