The goal of Code Enforcement is to keep neighborhoods and commercial properties free from unsightly or hazardous conditions that are blighting and lead to further deterioration in our community.
- Enforcement of City of Chandler codes
- Work with neighborhood groups to resolve problems
- Work with other City departments as well as county and state agencies to solve problems that may occur
If you have any questions that this web page does not answer, please contact our office at 480-782-4320 between the hours of 8 a.m. and 5 p.m. Monday through Friday. Comments, questions, or suggestions also can be emailed directly.
The City is divided into geographic areas with Code Inspectors assigned to each one. Each inspector is responsible for violations occurring within their assigned area. Generally, the enforcement of codes occurs on both a reactive (complaint from a community source) and a proactive (initiated by the inspector) basis. When a code violation is recorded, we open a complaint and work towards resolving the violation through a process of education, inspection, and notices. Continued violations are followed by progressive enforcement. Each code has its own set of enforcement procedures, however, the process generally follows this sequence:
- Complaint received
- Inspection conducted
- Notice given to violator allowing time for corrections
- Re-inspection conducted
- Civil Citation issued if violation is not corrected
- Criminal prosecution filed if not corrected after the civil citation process
- Abate (violation removed by City contractor) and lien.
Graffiti Elimination Program
Graffiti removal is a priority in Chandler and there is a 24-hour response time to all reports. The graffiti abatement program is managed by one full-time staff member who handles nearly 2,000 annual removals. The new graffiti removal vehicle is equipped with all the necessary supplies and equipment including paint, solvents, multiple paint sprayers, and a high temperature power washer, which is more cost-effective and essentially uses water to restore the surface to its original condition.
- Code Complaint Form
- Maricopa County Dust Control
- Maricopa County Vector Control (mosquitos/mosquitos from green pools)
- Is there a stray shopping cart in your neighborhood? Report it online or call 1-800-THE CART (1-800-843-2278)