(ST1503-401 CHN0235D SZ18101C)
The City of Chandler has contracted with Pulice Construction and RPA Engineering for construction which will begin soon to widen Cooper Road to four lanes (two lanes in each direction), from approximately 3,500 feet north of Chandler Heights Road to Riggs Road. Improvements include the construction of raised medians, bike lanes, left-turn lanes, sidewalks, curb, gutter, street lighting, traffic signals, drainage components, landscaping, and utility relocations.
Construction is expected to take approximately 18 months to complete.
CONSTRUCTION INFO (September 10, 2021):
- Pipeline crews are currently installing sewer lateral lines from Vallejo to Via de Palmas this week, and scheduled to begin next week will resume work on storm drain installation at Brooks Farm Road. This work will require a slight traffic shift for Cooper Road traffic around the work activity.
- Scheduled for the week of Sep. 27, pipeline crews will resume work on sewer laterals at Via de Palmas with a flagger in place to direct travelers around the work activity, for approximately 3-4 days.
- Waterline crews are nearing completion with waterline testing and will begin tying over waterlines to connect to the existing system. Tie-overs will take place next week from Victoria to Via de Arboles, and the week of Sep. 20 planned for Via de Palmas to Chandler Heights. You will be notified in advance of any planned disruption to your water service.
- Grading crews will begin work next week to grade for curb on the west side of Cooper Road from Gemini to Cloud Road, and following that work will begin installing concrete curb. Scheduled for the week of Sep. 20, grading for curb will move to the east side of Cooper Road from Victoria to Cloud Road.
- Block wall installation is currently taking place on the west side of Cooper Road from Victoria north to Chandler Heights Road.
- Electric crews continue work installing street light conduit and foundations on the west side of Cooper Road from Gemini Street to Chandler Heights Road, and installing street light foundations on the east side of Cooper, from Cloud Road to Victoria. Scheduled for the week of Sep. 20, work on the east side to install conduit and foundations will move north from Chandler Heights Road to Prescott.
- Electric crews are also working to install traffic signal conduit at Chandler Heights and at Riggs, and scheduled for the week of Sep. 20, will begin installation of traffic signal pole foundations.
- Cooper Road remains open for travel during this work, one lane in each direction, with access to businesses and residences maintained. As the work effort crosses driveways or side streets, every effort will be made to provide access; however, there may be brief periods where restrictions are necessary so the contractor may have a flagman to assist, or need to cover an excavated area to provide access. We appreciate your patience in these limited instances.
If you’d like to receive updates during construction or have questions regarding the project, please contact us.
Project Hotline: 480-898-4060
City of Chandler Title VI Notice to the Public
The City of Chandler hereby gives public notice that it is the City’s policy to assure full compliance with Title VI of the Civil Rights Act of 1964, the Civil Rights Restoration Act of 1987, and related statutes and regulations in all programs and activities. Title VI requires that no person shall, on the grounds of race, color, sex, national origin, age or disability be excluded from the participation in, be denied the benefits of, or be otherwise subjected to discrimination under any Federal Aid Highway program or other activity for which the City receives Federal financial assistance.
Any person, who believes his/her Title VI protection has been violated, may file a complaint. Any such complaint must be in writing and filed with the City’s Title VI Program Manager within one hundred eighty (180) days following the date of the alleged discriminatory occurrence. Title VI Discrimination Complaint Forms may be obtained from the City by contacting Paul Young at 480-782-3146 (or 711 via AZ Relay Service).