The City's Diversity Office works closely with the community and the Chandler Human Relations Commission (HRC) to develop diversity programs and events.
Calendar of Events
- Celebration of Unity and the Chandler Multicultural & Film Festival
- Regional Unity Walk
- Cesar Chavez Education Dinner and Dance
- Holocaust Remembrance
The Chandler Diversity Office, along with the City's Communications and Public Affairs Department, has partnered with the Chandler International Film Festival to debut eight independent films this June, with the potential to add more. The films will be shown during the Friday, Saturday and Sunday evening time slots for an entire month on the City's cable channel (Cox Channel 11, CenturyLink Channel 8502 and on Orbital Cable in Sun Lakes), our Video webpage and YouTube channel. CINETIME also will be shared with other local cities' cable cities.
For questions regarding CINETIME, contact Niki Tapia at 480-782-2214.
Diversity Education Mini-Grant Sponsorships
The Chandler Diversity Office and Human Relations Commission provide mini-grants of up to $1,000 available to teachers, schools, non-profit organizations and community groups located within the City of Chandler or providing services to Chandler residents or students. Funded proposals will foster diversity education for youth ages 5-18 and will promote the HRC’s mission: “To promote mutual respect and inclusion in Chandler. The Chandler Human Relations Commission works toward the elimination of prejudice and discrimination; and to promote amicable relations among all racial, cultural, religious, age, gender, disabled, socio-economic and national groups within the community.”
Grant applications for FY2017-18 are now closed. The grant application for FY2018-19 will be made available Monday, July 2, 2018 thru May 31, 2019, or as long as funds are available.
To promote mutual respect and inclusion in Chandler. We work toward the elimination of prejudice and discrimination among all citizens within our community. We celebrate our mix of ages and genders, persons with disabilities and diversity of racial, cultural, religious, socio-economic, sexual orientation or other personal identifying markers.
- Visit the City's ADA page to review the City of Chandler ADA Self-Evaluation & Transition Plan.
- Like us on Facebook
- Chandler's Sister Cities are Tullemore, Ireland and Tainan City, Taiwan.
- Serve as Mayor's point of contact for the LGBT Community
Goals and Objectives
- Serve as staff liaison to the Human Relations Commission
- Participate in regional HRC meetings
- Manage diversity funding program
- Monitor and serve as resource for day labor issues
- Promote diversity concepts in schools
- Coordinate or assist with annual events
- Support For Our City-Chandler activities
- Evaluate diversity issues in the organization
- Serve as point of contact for employees