Chandler works to promote an inclusive community that values its rich diversity, history, and culture through work with the Chandler Human Relations Commission (HRC) developing diversity educational programs and events. The goal is to work towards the elimination of prejudice and discrimination among all citizens regardless of personal identifying markers.
Other Diversity Programs and Initiatives
- Chandler's Sister Cities Program w/Tullamore, Ireland and Tainan City, Taiwan.
- Serve as Mayor’s LGBT Point of Contact
- Serve as staff liaison to the Human Relations Commission & Participate in Regional HRC Meetings
- Promote Diversity Concepts in Schools
- Evaluate Diversity Issues in the Organization
- Encourage Collaboration among Cultural organizations in Chandler
- Support For Our City-Chandler Activities