Thank you for your interest in becoming a Housing Choice Voucher (Section 8), Emergency Housing Voucher (EHV), Tenant Based Rental Assistance (TBRA) landlord. We've made it easy to get started. Simply complete the Landlord Interest Form if you are interested in posting your rental on Go Section 8.
Steps in Leasing Your Property:
- Landlord interviews, screens, and selects a Chandler Housing participant.
- Landlord approves the tenant; the landlord and tenant complete the Chandler Landlord packet. All paperwork (including all required documents) is returned to Chandler Housing by both the family and/or the landlord. At that time, the Chandler Housing Specialist will determine if the family is eligible for the unit.
- Chandler Housing receives the completed paperwork from either the tenant or the landlord, if the tenant's income qualifies for the unit an inspection is scheduled within 7-14 working days.
- A Housing Quality Standards (HQS) inspection is scheduled by Chandler Housing with the landlord. Important: The tenant should not move into the unit until it passes initial inspection, and all required paperwork is signed and approved, Chandler Housing will not pay any rent for a unit until the Housing Assistance Payment (HAP) contract is signed by both Chandler Housing and the landlord.
- Chandler Housing will conduct a rent reasonableness survey to determine if the requested rent amount is reasonable to comparable unassisted units in the same geographical area. We will not approve a rental amount that exceeds market rates.
- Once the unit passes the HQS inspection, the rent is deemed "reasonable" and the move-in date is established, the landlord and tenant sign the lease and provide a copy to Chandler Housing.
- The Housing Assistance Payment (HAP) contract will be prepared by our office. Please note payment will not be made until after both Chandler Housing and the landlord sign the HAP contract.
- The landlord and tenant will both be notified in writing regarding how much rent is to be paid by the tenant and how much will be paid by Chandler Housing on the family's behalf.
If you have any questions, contact our office at 480-782-3200.
Landlord Incentive Program
Increase Rental Opportunities in Chandler (IROC)
The Increasing Rental Opportunities in Chandler Program (IROC) is designed to provide incentives for new and existing landlords that provide rental opportunities to families participating in the Housing Choice Voucher Program (Section 8), Emergency Housing Voucher (EHV) and TBRA (Tenant Based Rental Assistance) Programs.
Rent your property to a Chandler program participant to receive a $1,000 sign-on incentive.
See above Steps on Leasing Your Property to be eligible for the landlord incentive.